- PRC4 2017 Regional Needs Assessment Available for Download
- Be Aware. Don’t Share. Take the Pledge to “Lock Your Meds.”
- Prescription Opioid Addiction Risk Among Young Adults Jumped 37 Percent Between 2002 and 2014
- Understanding the Opioid Epidemic
For more information, feel free to contact us here.
November 14, 2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Rainbow Days - Kathy Daley
$50.00 for Non HHSC Funded Providers
This 6 hour prevention ethics course will equip participants with the ability to operate within the proefessional prevention code of ethics adopted by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals. The course will provide instruction on ethical decision making and legal/ethical issues in prevention programs using case studies from “Critical Incidents: Ethical Issues in the Prevention and Treatment of Addiction” White, W. L., & Popovits, R.M.
The course will also provide a basic understanding of Confidentiality, Releases of Information and Limits of Confidentiality, 42 C.F.R (Code of Federal Regulations), Qualified Service Organization Agreements (QSOA’s), Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and how these all impact prevention professionals and the programs the facilitate.
This course is designed for Certified Prevention Specialists, Certified Prevention Specialist Interns and Advanced Certified Prevention Specialists, but anyone operating in the field of substance abuse prevention, education, recovery or treatment will benefit from the knowledge gained for the course.
Participants will –
1) Recognize ethical issues in the field of prevention professionals.
2) Develop a fundamental knowledge of prevention ethics.
3) Learn about ethical decision making
4) Discuss legal/ethical case studies in prevention programs.