- PRC4 2017 Regional Needs Assessment Available for Download
- Be Aware. Don’t Share. Take the Pledge to “Lock Your Meds.”
- Prescription Opioid Addiction Risk Among Young Adults Jumped 37 Percent Between 2002 and 2014
- Understanding the Opioid Epidemic
For more information, feel free to contact us here.
ETCADA hosts the Prevention Resource Center Region 4 in Northeast Texas. Under the new DSHS funding requirements beginning in FY13-14, the PRC4 serves as the regional data collection and distribution entity engaged in assessing substance abuse risk and protective factors for the region. This involves seeking our data sources and trends in our local communities and working with the other PRC regions and DSHS to produce ongoing assessments of prevention needs. We also conduct public education about data collection and trends and our team is available as speakers for events and community health fairs, etc., and we also coordinate prevention and other trainings for the region. Our team of professionals also conducts tobacco compliance checks and educates merchants that sell tobacco to ensure they do not sell to minors and that they have the proper signs and posters alerting the public about Texas tobacco laws.
This involves a two-fold approach:
- The PRC will conduct voluntary tobacco retailer surveys to provide information related to the laws and state requirements.
- The PRC also provides training and educational presentations addressing the negative consequences of tobacco use, state laws and regulations related to the sale of tobacco.
All presentations are open to retailers, parents, youth, teachers, and other interested community members.
Call to schedule a presentation or for additional information at 1.800.441.8639 or 903.753.7633.