- PRC4 2017 Regional Needs Assessment Available for Download
- Be Aware. Don’t Share. Take the Pledge to “Lock Your Meds.”
- Prescription Opioid Addiction Risk Among Young Adults Jumped 37 Percent Between 2002 and 2014
- Understanding the Opioid Epidemic
- Family Checkup: Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse
- Seniors More Likely to Fall When Taking Opioids After Hospital Treatment: Study
- Panola County sues opioid manufacturers, joining growing list of East Texas plaintiffs
For more information, feel free to contact us here.
Every teen's life is filled with pressure, some of it good, some of it bad. Our goal is to help teens stand up to negative pressures, or influences. The more aware you are of the influences around you, the better prepared you will be to face them, including the pressure to use drugs, pills, and alcohol. We're not telling you how to live your life, but we are giving you another perspective and the latest facts. You need to make your own smart decisions. We want teens to live Above the Influence.
The Cool Spot was created for kids 11-13 years old by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA). The NIAAA is the lead U.S. agency supporting research into the causes, prevention, and treatment of alcohol problems. It is a component of the National Institutes of Health, within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.